- More than twenty million refugees exist today.
- One-sixth of the world’s population lives on less than one dollar a day.
- 1.1 billion people lack access to safe drinking water.
- One-third of the world has no electricity.
- More than 100 million children are out of school.
- One in six children in Africa dies before the age of five.
“The children here grab your hands and walk with you, smiling and singing. They have nothing. They are wearing ripped dusty clothes and they are smiling.” Angelina Jolie, Notes from My Travels
Through the will of God, I want to travel extensively and work with organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and UNHCR and give. I’ve always been a big believer that every single person was put here on earth for a purpose and it is my purpose to give to the less fortunate and suffering what I’ve been blessed with. At the end of the day, you realize that once your dead and gone buried beneath the earth, none of your worldly acquisitions are going to matter - the number of Birkin bags and Louboutins lining your shelves won’t be considered, the latest models lining your driveway will be for naught, the bills in your bank won’t buy you immortality - the people who will remember you most and keep your memory alive are those individuals in whose lives you’ve made a difference.